Reports from Kandahar city say that yesterday afternoon, 2 martyrdom attacks were carried out in Kandahar city’s Chawni and Baba Sahib Kotal areas on 2 military bases of foreign invaders. According to details arriving from the area, firstly an Afghan Taliban Noorullah entered inside the base of foreign invaders which has between 60 to 70 troops at around 01:30 pm yesterday, located in Chawni area, with a Mazda truck packed with thousands of kilograms of explosives before detonation.
Afghan Resistance senses NATO economic weakness and strikes hard
It is said that 36 joint enemy personnel were killed and dozens of others wounded in the powerful blast which also leveled the base. Then a few moments later, a similar martyr attack was carried out with a Land Cruiser 4WD by another Mujahid (Habibullah) on another ISAF base, located under Baba Sahib’s Kotal, officials said, adding that the second base also completely destroyed and around 28 foreign invaders and their local puppets were killed with tens of others severely wounded. Locals and witnesses from the areas add that enemy medical helicopters have arrived at the scenes of the blasts and are busy airlifting the dead and wounded while both sites have been cordoned off from public.
Presstv Afghan resistance video. May be blocked or illegal to view in US
US stays silent on 64 Americans deaths
The United States has so far stopped short of commenting on a Taliban claim that they killed scores of American forces in Afghanistan on Saturday. The Taliban claimed on Saturday that 64 US-led troops were killed in two separate attacks they launched in the southern city of Kandahar, a Press TV correspondent reported.
Taliban spokesman Qari Yusuf Ahmadi said on Saturday that the militants killed 36 American forces in a car bomb attack in front of the US base in Kandahar province and also 28 others were killed in another bombing near the military base.
IED destroys NATO occupation troop carrier. NATO claims no injuries!
The explosions were so powerful that rocked most of the areas in the province. Local officials confirmed that an Afghan civilian was killed and 23 others wounded in the assaults. Witnesses told the Press TV correspondent that US helicopters took the victims away right after the bombings.
With the latest deaths, Saturday has become the deadliest single day for US-led foreign forces since the war began in Afghanistan nearly a decade ago. American forces in Afghanistan have been experiencing their deadliest days since the beginning of August.
On August 18, a huge explosion reportedly rocked a US military base in eastern Afghanistan and killed at least 27 American soldiers and left dozens wounded. On August 6, at least 31 US Special Forces were killed after Taliban militants shot down an American helicopter belonging to NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan's eastern province of Wardak.
Afghan Resistance taking over NATO base after NATO forced to pull out
The security situation remains fragile in Afghanistan despite the presence of about 150,000 US-led foreign forces in the war-torn country. The increasing number of troop casualties in Afghanistan has caused widespread anger in the US and other NATO member states, undermining public support for the Afghan war.