'Afghan civilians killed for no reason'
Two Afghans, who were killed in US-led attacks, in Surkhroad, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan on Nov. 29, 2011.US-led foreign forces have killed dozens of civilians in Afghanistan without any reasons, a fact-finding team appointed by Afghan President Hamid Karzai has revealed. Tahir Safi, an advisor to Karzai, told reporters on Saturday that one child, who had climbed a tree on December 13, was among the 21 civilians killed by US-led forces.
NATO occupiers kill Afghan civilians for sport
"Our delegation found that a child who went up a tree to collect leaves for sheep was killed in the bombing by the NATO chopper without any pre-coordination with the Kandahar administration," Safi said. "The child's father rushed to the bombing site with other family members as another chopper of the international forces dropped other bombs," he added. The advisor said the child's father, Abdul Rahim, along with his four relatives, had all died immediately, while his daughter was injured. Three other children from the same village also died.
Three civilians, who were carrying a water-pump on a motorbike, were also killed in another US-led attack in Kandahar on the same day. In another incident in the northern Kapisa Province, rockets fired by French troops on December 2 killed seven civilians. An investigation had found that neither Taliban militants nor any gunmen had been present in the area when US-led forces struck.
US-led forces in Afghanistan claim that the attacks are targeting Taliban militants, but the bombings mostly kill Afghan civilians. Civilian casualties caused by US-led foreign forces have triggered deep anger among Afghans, prompting demonstrations throughout Afghanistan.
NATO occupiers follow Nazi policy of killing 100+ civillians for each occupier soldier killed
AGB/HGH Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:50PM GMT
Afghan soldier kills three US troops
US-led forces in Afghanistan (file photo)An Afghan soldier has opened fire on American troops, killing at least three of them and injuring five others in western Afghanistan, Press TV reports. Local sources told Press TV that the attack took place on Saturday evening at a training base in Pusht-Rod district of the western province of Farah after a quarrel between Afghan army soldiers and US-led foreign troops.
An Afghan army soldier was killed and another was injured in the assault, the governor of Posht-Rod said. Most of the foreing troops stationed in Pusht-Rod are from the US. The incident is the latest in a string of attacks by Afghan security personnel on foreign forces. In a similar incident in November, an Afghan army soldier injured at least three US-led Australian soldiers in southern Uruzgan province.
In April, an Afghan military pilot opened fire on US-led forces at Kabul airport, leaving eight foreign soldiers dead. The US invaded Afghanistan in 2001 with the stated goal of dismantling the al-Qaeda militants, toppling the Taliban regime, democratizing the country and restoring security to the nation. A decade after the invasion, security situation remains fragile in Afghanistan despite the presence of around 140,000 US-led foreign forces in the Asian country.
Civilian casualties caused by US-led military operations have triggered deep anger among Afghans, prompting demonstrations throughout the country. The United States and the NATO leaders have set 2014 as the date to hand over security to local authorities in Afghanistan.